Diamond python questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabulani

Reaction score
Yesterday i bought a yearling diamond python. The breeder said it was a really good first snake. When i placed it into its tank it just curled up on one of the hides and hardly moved. I decided to leave it alone overnight but this morning its still in roughly the same position. Do i need to be worried about anything?

Hi and Welcome.

That is completely normal for a snake in a new environment. General rule of thumb when getting your first snake is to place it in its enclosure (providing all its husbandry needs) and leaving it alone for 7 days before even attempting to handle / feed it.

Stu

I fed my diamond python for the first time today and it didnt really seem to strike at the mouse. It just sort of slowly grabbed it with its mouth. It didnt constrict it for more than 5 seconds before it started eating. Is this anything to be worried about?

Nothing at all to be worried about. Some snakes just don't feel the need to strike and constrict sometimes

You won't know about whether it has DPS for a few years - if you understand basic Daimond husbandry, it won't get DPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back