Scrub Python Enclosure Size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HAMISH_NOAH

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am thinking about getting a pair of scrub pythons, i was wondering if a 7ft, 3ft, 4ft is big enough for one? (they will be housed separately)

A shelf and a branch or two really increases the useful area in a large cage with arboreal snakes.

Whilst the addendum in the CoPs has some standard 'sizings' it is important to recognise that a compliant enclosure doesn't have to meet those measurements as such....they are however examples of enclosures that meet the regs. Any combination of dimensions that meet the area for your species is adequate. You will need to ensure that you are '20%' rule compliant as well - or in real terms - the smallest dimension must be no smaller than 20% of the length of the snake held within. A 5 metre snake means the smallest dimension must be 1 metre (not that I expect your Scrubby to be 5 metres but was used for an example).

I am just re jigging our scrubbies caging- 2.4 x 2 x 1.2

I think I will make it the dimensions I said have a few ledges . What's the easiest way to heat such a large enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back