hi everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnno86

Reaction score
1555337_10205471634123582_208171831775192945_n (1).jpg

hi all. I am johnno a first time snake owner. I have recently purchased this one year old jungle python. unfortunately she is very jumpy and needs some handling to settle her down. i am after any pointers or tips on how to handle her properly to settle her.

Jungles can be pretty skitzy. If you only just got her I would suggest handling be kept to a minimum to allow her time to settle in first. So just cover her up for a week and leave her be.

After that if shes still a little jumpy you can just put her in a place where she can see people, to get her used to being around them, but so that she feels safe too. (people would probably adivse against this but everyone has thier own way of what worked for them and this worked for every time.) Also invest in a snake hook to get her out, if you can't/dont have one you can use a bent coat hanger. :)

Welcome. Keep handling as often as possible once settled in and feed in a separate container so it doesn't think every time you open the enclosure it is feeding time.

Thanks for the advice I have handled her for the fast fue days for a hour and she is no where near as jumpy as she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back