Children's enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessika

Reaction score
Hi. I have a children's python. He was given to me as an "indefinately babysitting" thing (yes I have my licence ) ive had him for about a yr now and have recently started looking into a 4th family member (2 kids 1 snake currently lol ) there's never been any issues with him but upon research into a tank setup for newbie.. im wondering if his tank setup is suitable... Please don't judge.... Am only still new to snake ownership and this is the setup his previous owners had for him.
He has the 40w party globes set up to a thermostat and timer... What im unsure of... Should he have a uvb light? If so... Do I change his heat source around also? Seeing as that's also a light source?
Thanks for any help or advice given.

[/IMG]
510808af52eece3142de2974424b2c8d.jpg

Like most pythons he dons need UV as long as he has a couple of places to hide and the temp is getting around 33 he will be fine

Hes never really touched the globes. But I do have some cages coming. So your suggesting Tue uv light as well as these party globes? That's alot of light. That won't bother him? Do I put the uv on day/night cycle like the globes now?

Take the uv light out, he doesn't need it. Keep the party bulbs on the same cycle and just ensure that his body temp under the lights is suitable. Just keep an eye on the hot spot to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Maybe pop a couple more hides in there and some cages on the lights and he should be set

Seems that whenever someone gets a new snake its always the debate over uv or no uv same as me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back