Painty McBeardface - The Central Netted Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurf

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is our little guy, a 1yo Central Netted Dragon (who for a while my partner could not get the species right, hence the name - Painty McBeardface). A couple weeks ago, he got into a little strife. He usually sleeps on his log. Good, nice secure spots. Then one night, he climbs onto a grass, dozes off, then slips right off it. He spent the rest of the night in positions like this...
DSC_4549.jpg
The poor little guy dragged his arm around awkwardly the next day, so we found our local reptile Vet (anyone in NorthEast Adelaide yell out, found a beaut!) and off we took Painty. After the laughter about is ironic name he took a look at the little fella. Assessed his movement and did an xray. There were no breaks or dislocations thankfully, but due to his tinyness, a hairline fracture couldn't be ruled out. We were given some meds for him, who would have thought giving a small lizard 0.2ml from a syringe would be a two person job, which we are coming to the end of now. I think they were mostly for pain/discomfort. After a weekish we were up to this...
DSC_4598.jpg
He spent his rehab in a 30x30x30 with a heat matt, UV, little to climb, and calcium dusted crickets everyday.
Today he made the move back into his regular tank, albeit with some alterations. The floor level has been lifted closer to the heat lamp, his tall log and taller grasses removed and a brand spanking new bask rock in prime position.
Here's the champ back in his castle showing us who is king!
DSC_4653.jpg
So stoked to see him standing proud on the leg. His toes aren't quite up to matching the other foot yet, but here's hoping in a couple more weeks he'll get them there too.
Looking forward, Painty is hoping to get himself a little girlfriend... if anyone out there knows of a Central Netted female or 2 (he's happy to play they field) up for sale, we'd love to hear from you :)

I keep Central Netted's as well. I have a colony of 11 in the one enclosure. Just remember with Netted's they lurve heat and have found they thrive in temps around 40 (surface), minimum 35. Unfortunately I don't have any for sale as I'm trying to establish a breeding colony and have found they have become very scarce around the traps.

11! You lucky bugger! How big is their enclosure? And how many males are in there?
We picked him up as an odd male sold to the guy in a mff trio (turned out to be mmf). Didn't realise how scarce they were at that point. But he's still a great lil character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back