Queensland Reptile Expos 2015

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando_fish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Does anyone, have any information about the date of reptile expos for 2015 in Queensland?

Cheers, Brando

Gold coast Expo won't be on this year, likely back in 2016 though.

As for the others, I don't think dates have been announced for Scales & Tails.

They were in Ipswich but last year they were at the Royal Exhibition Grounds in Brisbane which was awesome. Expected to be the same this year, looking forward to it. Don't know dates though.

That's a shame, I am hoping to go the Brisbane expo this year as it seems to be the only one on in Queensland, :( aw well better than nothing hey.
If anyone does eventually find the date to this expo (which may be months from now) I would greatly appreciate if you could reply to this thread.
Also does anyone else know of any other reptile expos in QLD rather than the Brisbane one?

Thanks heaps
Brando

If you go to https://www.facebook.com/ScalesTailsReptileExpos?fref=ts their most recent post talks about why the Cairns one won't be going ahead and the general feel in Queensland.

It basically comes down to people not complaining about what there is and just shows them because they can become bigger and have more ability to become what you want and maybe more.

It's worth a read.

Both Cairns and Brisbane S&T Expos have been cancelled because of lack of support for the magazine. Subscribe and there will be better times ahead.

So now there is nothing. WHAT ???? Man the stinks I just missed out on the 2014 Brisbane expo and the Gold Coast expo and now they have all been cancelled.
Does that mean I will never get to go to a reptile expo as i can only get to Brisbane and Gold Coast ?

So now there is nothing. WHAT ???? Man the stinks I just missed out on the 2014 Brisbane expo and the Gold Coast expo and now they have all been cancelled.
Does that mean I will never get to go to a reptile expo as i can only get to Brisbane and Gold Coast ?
Simple really, get out there and support the expos so that they continue on.

In a nutshell, the reason you find that these expos end up cancelled is because too many folks winge about them not being what they think they should be or about missing them and not making an effort to drive them. IMO, there's not enough thanks and satisfaction these days and way too much expectation and blame instead

There has been no magazine attached to the Gold Coast Expos and those early ones were the best we have had in QLD. (IMO) it comes down to two things 1/ the EPA or DERM or who ever they are this week make it very hard for ppl to display and secondly "SUPPORT" look on this site and others for the excuses come expo day, those first couple were well supported and were very good and well but that soon vanished with all the excuses rising to the surface....now you have none and IMO yourselves to blame. ~B~

Are you subscriber to the S&T magazine?
Yes I have subscribed to 6 issues in which the last one is set to come in soon. Not to mention I have bought another 3 at local newsagents. The magazines are how I found out that they DID expos in Australia. I have been a reptile carer and lover for years but wasn't aware of any expos until reading ads and articles in the magazine. Along with the obvious support that has to be given I believe that the future of these events should also look into better advertisement strategies, just a thought - it is only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back