Rusty coloured water dragon??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strange or not??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edsped

Reaction score
IMG_3229[1].JPG
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and have joined because I've always liked reptiles and have a bearded dragon myself, however I've come to ask what you think of this wild water dragon as I incredibly surprised when I saw it!
is it unusual?

(sorry I'm a noob so im not sure if this is the right place for this thread but im keen to hear about this lizard from you guys)

Last edited:
There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think the conclusion was a result of pollution.

wow that's very interesting, ive seen many many water dragons before in this area and none were remotely dirty looking like this. at first look i thought mud or something but it really doesnt look like that.
ill have to get a closer look if I ever see him again.
thank you for the link :)

not nessacarilly from pollution

this time of year they often dig down for winter,when I lived in Brisbane used to see a lot at this time of year that were similar color,but its just stain from digging into a clayish substrate that holds moisure

We get them this colour at various times of the year. It is as Richard points out from the soil and soil in the water. When they shed normal colouring will come through.

Awesome, makes more sense since it isn't that polluted, must be dangerous for them as they no longer camouflage at all lol.
thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back