Snappy Darwin Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty_the_Python

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently I bought an Albino Darwin Carpet (Born January of his year), he (he has been sexed) has been in his new home for 2 weeks. The first week I let him settle in without handling and he has fed once, then in the second week he has had a small amounts of handling (5 minutes or so each time) just to get him used to it. He has been a champ so far and pretty calm, but tonight after I handled him and placed him back in his tank he went into strike mode and then proceeded to strike at the glass where I moved around. He is due for a feeding tomorrow, is he just grumpy from being hungry? or is it something else? Id hate to think I have stressed him out so soon.:cry:

Ive kept reptiles before but this is my first snake and Im still learning, so any further info would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Kim

Congrats on your new addition mate. Based on what you have said, I would say your little guy is getting ready to shed which tends to make them a bit grumpy.

Leave him be for a while longer and you should hopefully see some blueish eyes to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back