Unshed skin on nose

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radioinvader

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My 2 year old spotted just finished a shed on Monday. I didn't notice until today when I had him out that he appears to have some unshed skin on the very tip of his nose. About 4 or 5 scales across his snout. He doesn't appear to be uncomfortable, and hasn't been rubbing his face on things to get it off so it seems that it's not bothering him.

Is this something for me to be concerned about? He is very head shy and still jumpy sometimes I don't know what I can do about it if it's a problem.

I doubt it would cause much trouble in the long term as it's not constricting blood flow like stuck shed around a tail or limb. My Woma had the same thing last shed, I removed the shed on my guy just in case.

I doubt many snakes like having their heads touched. I just grabbed my guy behind the jaw firmly but gently, thumb and middle finger on either side of the jaw and index finger on the top of the head, and used a pair of tweezers to gently pry them off. If the scales seem very stuck you could try a warm soak for about 20mins and then try again.

Don't worry about it. It should come off with the next shed just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back