ripped off :-(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It not that people dont know about this site, its just the stigma that comes with this site.

Alot choose not to deal with it, and with the help of facebook these days you can advertise to a far wider audience, and you can actually visually check up on who you buy from and sell too

I do most of my sales now via facebook

Being new I'm unaware of past happenings here (on this site ???) - so I wasn't aware there is some stigma associated with this site .

Can someone please elaborate.

I've got to admit , I found my pet lizards via PetPages and Gumtree adverts and only looked locally (Lower Hunter/ Northern Lake Macquarie/ Newcastle) and my purchases went very smoothly (simply found the seller , called them , arranged to meet and view lizards , choose the ones I like/seem to like me, cash handed over, details and permit Nos exchanged and the little guys handed over in travel tubs, and we were done).

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add to this conversation having recently gone through a fraud/scam situation. The person used a fake licence so 1) don't trust the licence as proof of identification. 2) transferring money by direct deposit is considered a willing transfer regardless if the person is fake, the banks cannot retrieve this money- ALWAYS use paypal. 3) don't take no for an answer. After being rejected by 2 police stations, given their online fraud reporting system with no answer and many phone calls to his bank (able to be identified through the Bsb) and derm I finally found an officer to listen to the evidence I had gathered and the person has been caught and charged, now awaiting the court date.

Congrats 5potted on your tracking down and subsequent court appearance of another cretin. Well done. Great news and no doubt some of those scammers post on here.

If you're reading this I hope, in fact when you get caught I hope you get your right whack.

Wastes of space. :evil:

Congrats 5potted on your tracking down and subsequent court appearance of another cretin. Well done. Great news and no doubt some of those scammers post on here.

If you're reading this I hope, in fact when you get caught I hope you get your right whack.

Wastes of space. :evil:

Yep. Hope the magistrate hands down a monster fine and orders time behind bars to the mongrel.

Bet he doesn't though and he gets off on some mental issue (seems if you can convince a shrink you have some kind of mental illness that becomes a GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD and the crim doesn't even have the matter recorded on his police record).

Hey, how awesome, took forever but she was ordered to pay restitution. She got a payment plan through sper, it's all paid off now and I'm just waiting for the money to be transferred to my account, 4-6 weeks and it'll all be over lol

All good that it has ended well but sad that your trust in this hobby has now been tarnished. You will likely never be the same trusting soul you were before this incident.
I just hope it hasn't had a lasting impact on your opinion of the many good people in the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back