Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that was very interesting - I had no idea frogs could live so long (as pets).

Correct me if I am wrong but I have read somewhere (can't find it again but when I do I will post the link) that some tree frogs may live up to 20 years in captivity depending on conditions. Although I presume it will be difficult to do for a beginner considering some of the problems associated with frogs, obesity and calcium deficiencies etc etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have read somewhere (can't find it again but when I do I will post the link) that some tree frogs may live up to 20 years in captivity depending on conditions. Although I presume it will be difficult to do for a beginner considering some of the problems associated with frogs, obesity and calcium deficiencies etc etc.

wow !

Imagine that, a truly geriactric old very wize and very wrinklely tree frog.... he'd be the stuff of legends indeed :)

Last edited:
Sometimes (like reptiles) I think some people get a little too anal in the way they keep frogs.

We got 6 adult male Green Tree Frogs given to us 18 years ago. Unfortunately we lost 2 during the last 12 months however the remaining 4 seem to be still quite healthy. We estimate that they are around 20 years old.

All this time they have been kept indoors in a simple set up of tap water with cage decorations of rocks and logs and a 40w or 60w light bulb depending on the season. Their main diet has been pinking rats and fuzzy mice with the occasional cricket or woodie and they have thrived.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back