Time for an intro!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curseddagger

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Finn, from just outside Canberra.

I thought i would introduce myself, i've just joined this great forum and already learnt a lot! it's good to see some herp info that's relevant to aussie pythons!

I've kept and helped look after eastern long neck turtles, saw shell turtles, dragons and blue tongues as well as a few arachnids and scorpions but have wanted a snake for a long time! they are such beautiful creatures.

Now that my wife and I own a house and have the room, i've finally got a Stimson's Python after a bit of reading, etc to determine that it's a pretty good starting point. He/She (unknown), i'll call it a boy until i find out otherwise!

11216280_10155582398480204_1458764017_n.jpg
11251681_10155582398640204_1011382843_n.jpg

I've named him Otacon after a character from the game "Metal Gear Solid", the main character is named "Solid Snake" and his friend is Otacon.

Otacon is about 12 months old and in the few days i've had him, has been a pleasure to handle, doesn't seem snappy and I feel confident in taking him out for a few minutes every second day to get him used to me and vice-versa. Since i got his existing enclosure as part of the purchase, i think it will be a little easier to adjust since he already knows the environment.

He has just finished a shed, it didn't all come off at once but perhaps that was due to moving him around, etc during the transport back to my place. I added some wet peat moss to one of his hides to help it happen.

Anyway, that's all for now. Just thought i'd say Hi!

welcome mate.
lovely looking snake you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back