Wall Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_48Volts

Has anyone built a wall enclosure? I have an alcove in my entry hall at home and want to build a 1200 x 1200x 700 enclosure for my Diamond python. The enclosure can sit on s stand with drawers etc and a hood on top but I'm keen to surround it all and make it like a feature wall.

Just looking for ideas :)

Here's my window enclosure for some inspiration. Its gone through a few different iterations over the years.
Its had tristis, long nosed dragons, boyd's and angles at different times. Its around a meter square and about half a metre deep.
The other side of the wall is the garage so I simply built in a cupboard around the back of the enclosure.

Enclosure 2.jpgEnclosure.jpgWall Enclosure.jpgEnclosure 3.jpg

Last edited:
Jeez, been about a yr i reckon since I was last on ere....lol

Heres mine when I finished them bout 6yrs ago. not using the wall thermo's anymore. I obviously purpose built the wall to create another room,

P8170615.JPGP8170616.JPGP5190456.JPG

No, you cant access them on the otherside, Its just a straight wall. Sliding glass doors for access, with vents on the cool end side for temp gradients.

9f5b185ff91604251d7eb775a48b1305.jpg

7c005c475a08856c6d07aa5f3f3129f8.jpg

Well I started the framework today, a melamine enclosure 1500x1200x700 will go in the middle with a slide out drawer and hood as part of it, my big diamond boy should love it.

Interested in if its going to be one whole piece? Or 3 different sections? (Hood, enclosure, stand/drawer)?

Interested in if its going to be one whole piece? Or 3 different sections? (Hood, enclosure, stand/drawer)?

I say hood cause it's above the enclosure but essentially it will be storage space above and below and a stand alone enclosure in the middle, all light and heating will be inside the enclosure

082cb5996f15988d7aa86b930b0e6525.jpg

Gyprock set, just needs to be sanded tomorrow, fit skirting board, then paint on Saturday. Enclosure, drawer and hood to be fitted up Sunday

2b1cdd57dfa8d93201496d2a2bc9fbfe.jpg

The back wall of the new enclosure. Step 1. Take a high res pic of Diamond habitat. 2. Have Mrs who owns and runs a sign shop 3. Have it printed on vinyl then laminated. 4. Mount universal rocks over rocks on photo for 3D effect.

Can't wait to see it all together

6fb8b038ef93084c403fd2a245b9b46c.jpg

I hate painting but it's done, just have to paint and fit skirting board after bottom drawer gets done tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back