Suspected sepsis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

I took my Stimson to the vet today cause his scales were looking very strange. Like they are different sizes and aren't all sitting flush with each other. She wasn't sure what it might be so she took some blood and I get the results tomorrow. I got home and decided to do some research h on skin infections. I came across septicemia which had symptoms of a redness to the underside and necrosis in advanced cases. So I got him out took him under a light and flipped him over. And sure enough I saw his belly had a very very light pink tinge to it. Upon further investigation I saw a very small red patch above his vent toward his tail tip. So now I'm worried he has sepsis and I have no clue how thr he'll he got it. His cage is always clean he always has clean water. He has never sustained any injuries either. Can they get it from food items? I couldn't find information on that. Like I said I get bloods back tomorrow if he has it it will show in his blood. :( can post pics if you would like to see.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Could be something as simple as preparing to shed. Sometimes the scales can take on a roughish appearance, and pink flush on the belly is quite normal in the early stages of the process, often before any other signs of preparation to shed. For me that would be the most likely scenario, failing any other evidence of infection or injury.

Jamie

Yeah he's not preparing to shed. I wish he was but this is only on his mid section. Where as his tail is perfectly uniform and neatly scaled. I'll post a picture of it when I get back home and show you what I mean. He does still have the faint tinge if pink but the red patch I discovered was where the vet took blood LOL. I could be looking for things that aren't there cause I'm worried. Also his bloods came back perfectly normal so nothing showing there. He just has dry weird scales. He isn't dehydrated I checked his skin Springs back when I pinch it gunna see if he wants a feed tonight though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back