GTP Vivarium Tips Needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIris

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my GTP has been in his enclosure for 7 months and it is a living vivarium but I want to change it up a little bit to have more colour. What kinds of plants are suitable for humid vivariums? And what soil is best used for them too? preferably things I'd find at Bunnings. He's been living in a brown/green environment and I just want to make everything look just as pretty as he does.

Also, how does everyone put their perches up? Mine are held up by suction cups and he's too light for them to ever come off but he's growing and I want to fix this soon. The cups and the perch haven't fallen in 7 months as of yet but i do want a sturdier solution.

All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just remember, and I was told this by a very reputable Melbourne vet who visited my house to inspect my set ups and when he saw my use of fake plants etc he said to get rid of them as its just another place to harbour germs and bacteria etc. Basically what he was telling me was to keep it simple. Don't get me wrong I would pine for an enclosure that was aesthetically top notch.

As far as soil to be used I know a few GTP owners use sphagnum moss. You want to use something that maintains a level of humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back