Help! Info needed on what is going on with my Coastal Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetieGal

Reaction score
Ok So I have had her for a few years and haven't had any major dramas.
Her last few sheds haven't been great but I wasn't too worried about it as I managed to help her with it.
However now she is acting very strange. 3 times within the last 2 weeks she has had some sort of 'seizure' or pain response to something. I am taking her to the vet on Monday morning but I just thought I would see what information is out there about this as I am very worried about my girl :(
I have attached a video of the second time she did this...
Thanks for your help
http://youtu.be/YGzIakVp49s

I read something about IBD (inclusion body disease) giving snakes a similar reaction to what you're describing. Otherwise, I'm not too sure. Sorry

Best to seek an experienced reptile vet, that could be anything, from getting too hot, a virus, head trauma etc.

Just stumbled across this thread. It looks like the snake is attempting to regurgitate. I wonder if it could have something lodged in the digestive tract? An X-ray might be helpful.

Did the vet examination yield any answers?

Could be what blue tongue said...
have you fed her recently?
Has she done her poo?
if not it might be regurgitation other wise it might be an issue like a virus or parasite or something
hope she gets better, she is a beautiful snake

Bredli

Really looks like she is trying hard to throw up. Definately get some x-rays done also you can VERY GENTLY palpate her tummy to see if there's anything that feels l like
it could be stuck

Certainly looks like it is trying to regurgitate.
Could it have swallowed something from the enclosure, (substrate maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back