Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando_fish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just looking for some inspiration.
Wishing to upgrade my current reptile collection, I was wondering whether you could all contribute and tell me yours?
Photos would be fantastic

My current collection consists of
2x Central Netted Dragons
1x Central Bearded Dragon
2x Smooth Knob tail gecko
1x Short neck Murray turtle

Any response is greatly appreciated
Cheers Brando

2 shinglebacks, three Eastern water dragons, an eastern blue tongue, a woma python and a children's python.

want: a green tree python, a green tree snake, slaty grey snake, olive python, black headed python, rough scaled python, another woma python, another eastern blue tongue,a jeweled gecko, boydes forest dragons, a rainforest scorpion and a green tree frog :)

1 x Spotted black
1 x Eastern brown
1 x Northern death adder
1 x Keelback
1 x Bredli
1 x Cunningham
2 x Pink tongues
2 x Dark bar sided skinks

Cheers Cameron

princess parrot - do you keep your shinglebacks inside in an indoor enclosure or in an outdoor pit?
Also great collection - Jeweled geckoes aren't that common in the pet trade and would be an awesome addition - Thanks

Herpo - Cheers for the replay, however I am having some trouble accessing your photo

Cameron - Sounds good I really like your collection are death adders that common - do you need a higher category licence or permit to keep them and if possible I would love to see a photo of your Cunningham and Pinktounges

Thanks for the replies overall, and keep them coming
Cheers
Brando

Death adder species are some of the more commonly kept elapid species. Pretty easy to find them for sale. It varies from state to state but all require a higher category license to keep elapid species.
Here is an old photo of one of my pink tongues.
a1.jpg
My computers stuffing up so I can not be bothered to try and upload any new images.
If this link works it will have more of my old pictures on it for you including the cunningham http://s1213.photobucket.com/

Cheers Cameron

princess parrot - do you keep your shinglebacks inside in an indoor enclosure or in an outdoor pit?
Also great collection - Jeweled geckoes aren't that common in the pet trade and would be an awesome addition - Thanks

Herpo - Cheers for the replay, however I am having some trouble accessing your photo

Cameron - Sounds good I really like your collection are death adders that common - do you need a higher category licence or permit to keep them and if possible I would love to see a photo of your Cunningham and Pinktounges

Thanks for the replies overall, and keep them coming
Cheers
Brando
They are currently inside but I'm starting to consider moving them outside since I am planning on building an enclosure outside for my blue tongue and water dragons(they're currently babies) and they have gotten so big!

with keeping the deadly venomous snakes I know you need a class 5 license in nsw not sure about other states though and I know death adders are actually fairly common and easy to get hold of. I think pilbara pythons and southern cross reptiles use to sell them, not sure if they still do or not though.
I was thinking of getting one in the future once but I'm not to sure...

Last edited:
In NSW death adders are class 4 along with mulgas and a few other highly venomous snake class 5 is reserved for the truely deadly taipans eastern, browns, and the ever so aggressive rough scale.
Its not as simple but in NSW you are required to hold each lic after your basic for a year before you can upgrade.

Anyway.
Olive python
Water python
Murray darling
Albino darwin
Coastal pythons
And a few others :)

Cheers Jacob

x1 Olive python
x1 Jungle Carpet
x2 M/F Pair of honey jungle hatchies
x2 Gippsland water dragons
x1 Lace monitor
x1 Ackie monitor
x1 Black headed monitor
x2 pygmy beardies

(After recently downsizing a sh.t load which included..)

x3 bredli breeding trio
x1 hypo bredli
x1 Murray darling
x2 jungle pair
x2 central beardie pair
x2 pygmy beardie pair
x1 coastal x diamond

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all,
Just looking for some inspiration.
Wishing to upgrade my current reptile collection, I was wondering whether you could all contribute and tell me yours?

Glad you created this thread. I really needed to keep track of what I actually owned haha :D

Last edited:
1 pair of Bearded dragons
1 pair of Central netted dragon
A trio of Arcoona rock dragons
1 pair of Ridge tailed monitors
2 Green tree frogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, me too.... Just redid my signature to reflect our upsize

Hey smurf,
Got a funny feeling that you got your central netted from me.
How is he going?

Hey manimal, up in Lobethal? He's doing rad, still haven't found him a girlfriend though. Had an incident a few months ago that I posted a bit about after, search 'painty Mcbeardface'... He is super photogenic too

Sorry for the late reply guys,
Thanks for the picture Cameroon (pink tongue)
And cheers for the info about death adders (princess parrot and Cameroon and Yogi)

Pirateherpss, I love your collection and I'm glad that this thread can help people decide on upgrades, or even make them stop and think about what reptiles they actually have in their own collection

Rocket - THAT IS AN AMAZING JEWELED GECKO if you could please send more photos of geckos or other reptiles in your collection it would be much appreciated

Manimal - please please could I see a picture of your central netted dragon pair and there enclosure setup as I myself have a young pair and would like to upgrade there current design within their enclosure and also I would love to see your arconna rock dragons and ridge tailed monitor in a photo would be fantastic

Thanks for the constant input guys, the more info the better - keep sharing your collections as this is a great oppertuinity to discuss any upgrades or downsizings to your collection with fellow reptile collectors
Cheers Brando

There's some for sale right now on Reptiles Down Under. Just search 'elderi'.

Not sure they're still available though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back