Day/night thermostat for a 5watt heat mat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW000

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I need a day/night thermostat to control the heat mat for my thick tailed gecko viv. Despite being only 5watt it still gets pretty warm and I want to keep it from going over 30c, and lower the temps at night. I can't seem to find much that will control both day & night which doesn't have a minimum load of like 40watts. Any ideas? Cheers.

Get a mains timer you can set it to be on/off when you want and is ALOT cheaper than a thermo. that said you have to keep a close eye on temps to work out how long it needs to be on per day and need to adjust as seasons change.

Just use a simple thermostat (see my PM just sent you) , I run my thermostats 24/7 to control 5W and 7W heatpads sandwiched between 2 layers of wall tiles inside the enclosures.

The ones I use cost about $13 including postage.

I run my 5W pad at 34oC for the water skink (24/7) , and 7W pads for my beardies at 37oC and for my bluetongues at 34oC , again these run 24/7.

You simply dial up the temperature to aim from amdient to 38oC (fully on) in 1oC increments and set and forget it, even if the power goes out, the chip inside the thermostat remembers the temperature you set it for. NO BLOODY BEEPING ALARMS to drive you nuts !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back