Hello I'm new :) Kit Walker

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timatah

Hi. I'm timatah South Coast NSW. Just picked up a yearling + Reduced Pattern Antaresia Childreni. I named him Kit Walker The Phantom. Haha. 12 months ago I couldn't have imagined owning a python but after handling a couple pythons the fears gone and left with an obsession. See you round the forum.
2cc5ffa38f91b15267b80d29858a5c42.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see people getting over that fear. In my opinion, they are only afraid of them because they don't understand snakes...

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome and hope you enjoy it here!

That's exactly right. I was afraid because I didn't understand. I was always intrigued, and once I realised how placid they can be I fell in love. Im excited for the journey. Thanks :)

Welcome to the forum!
Years ago, my wife threatened me with divorce when I asked about getting a python. Now, she's as passionate as I am. :D

Mustn't have been funny then, but sure is now! How'd you swing her round to your way of thinking? All my friends (at least all the girl ones) find me crazy for owning snakes, it's actually funny! The boys all want one...

Back then, we got a beardie instead. That's how it all started, lol. A few years ago, I was offered an unwanted bredli, and my wife said why not? She overcame her fear when they dropped the snake in a bag into her lap. Lucky the bredli was a placid one.

Back then, we got a beardie instead. That's how it all started, lol. A few years ago, I was offered an unwanted bredli, and my wife said why not? She overcame her fear when they dropped the snake in a bag into her lap. Lucky the bredli was a placid one.
You would've set you cause back a few decades if it wasn't...

My wife has come around too. But yet to have a cuddle. In her own time. If i dropped a python on her lap I'm sure I'd be living in the car. Haha.

Welcome timatah :) nice pick up with the childrens?... But it rarely ever stops with 'just one'.
I too, was hesitant when my partner wanted a python, which then had to live with me..... I got comfy with him pretty quick and we now have an absolute managery! I'm actually the more confident handler these days. Ive definitely learnt a lot I never imagined I would know

Haha. I know I know. How could I only have one?
I've already made room for another one and the saving games begun. I'm trying to convince the wife she needs a T+.

I've found the best thing is too bring home and explain later. My partner hated anything that fluttered. Birds moths anything so i got an eclectus parrot that flys around the house. Now they shower together and he sleeps on my pillow. She still hasn't warmed too lacies tho.

Lacies are my favourite monitors. Little thieves, we left a brioche in out tent when we went camping, and one found his way under the entrance and ate half of it! Funny though.

G'day @timatah and Kit walker! Enjoy the forum! Btw gorgeous children's :D!
Herpo, I've climbed many trees to hang out with lacies, they are stunning up close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back