New enclosure for my coastal.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my coastal to grow and at 2 years of age she is about 6 feet long and a click or two thicker than a garden hose. I had her in a 48 inch x 24 inch x 14 inch (tall) cage and she was making full use of the ceiling space so now she is in the same sized cage except now she has 2 feet of vertical space to work with.

I have given her a beautiful, display setup complete with an LED Moonlight for night OPs.

The cage is made of HDPE plastic and was constructed by Ed Lilley of Constrictors Northwest. The cage name is Pro-Line and Ed is located in Washington state.

My 2 other cages are set up in a similar fashion and are also Pro-Line.

IMG_2627.jpg

This particular cage has a very high quality 3D ledge background. The ledges project 10 inches, 8 and 4 into the cage. I used 2 extra thick dowels wrapped with vines, and 2 natural perches.

IMG_2630.jpg

She is rarely on the ground, and only seems to make her way down in the early morning. Once the afternoon hits, she is back up in the perches.

IMG_2635.jpg

This cage has its own wall.

IMG_2640.jpg

Here she is in her favorite spot, at least so far.

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I guess to add to the fun, I'll show the other two cages. These are on another wall. Both are 4 feet wide, the bottom is 30 inches deep and 20 inches tall for the boa constrictor, and the top is 24 inches deep and 14 inches tall for the royal python.

IMG_2656.jpg

That is pretty well a wrap for my snake room. It's a relaxing room worthy of a cold beer and comfortable chair when I have the time.

- - - Updated - - -

This semi little girl took a HUGE meal yesterday. Not really by choice, but my royal refused a large live rat. I tossed it into the coastal's cage and she went nuts and took it right away. She had already eaten a smaller/large frozen thawed rat prior to this.

I won't ever duplicate that feeding, but it is really amazing how much these guys can handle on the food front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back