Current Site Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Last week there was some unexpected downtime due to an issue with hosting which unfortunately has caused a bit of information loss. Admin and Mods are looking into this at the moment, however if you have found a thread/post that you have posted missing, please feel free to repost it or bring it to our attention.

Apologies for the hassle and we will keep you updated.

Stuart

EDIT - 8-7-15
Hi All.

In simple terms, the site outage last week was caused by our hosting provider going offline due to an unexpected outage. Whilst things were coming back online, there were some issues on the back end systems that caused a bit of data loss. Unfortunately for us and a few members, this has resulted in the loss of multiple threads, posts and in extreme cases, complete User Accounts and at this stage it is very unlikely we will be able to retrieve the information. The lost records are very random and you will see that there are some posts still on the forum with no users associated and visa versa and whilst we are working on this, there may be a bit of a delay in getting it completely cleared up.

If you find that your account no longer exists please re-register and then log a support case in the support center so that we can track it and reinstate any lost details. If you have any questions or concerns that can't be communicated in the support center, please contact myself or one of the Moderators with the details and we will answer as soon as we can.

We sincerely apologize for any and all inconvenience this causes and we are endeavoring to get to all queries and issues posted by the community as soon as we can.

If I can offer any further information, please contact me and I'll do my best to assist.

Stuart

Stu I know I told you this in an email but for the sake of others, there also seems to be users who have lost their entire accounts.

Stu I know I told you this in an email but for the sake of others, there also seems to be users who have lost their entire accounts.

Any members in that situation would be strongly advised to lodge a ticket in the Support Centre (I know some of them have already). This will greatly assist Admin in getting things back on track.

Thanks [MENTION=8577]Chris[/MENTION], you are correct and its something I am looking into at the moment. If folks could please lodge a ticket in the support center as Rob mentioned above, that would be greatly appreciated and we will get to them as soon as we possibly can.

Also, my inbox keeps saying I have mail when I clearly don't...

Hi, lost my fresh account, uploadet fotos and my introduction-post. Another introduction-post also gets lost in these days.

Hi All, I have updated the initial post above with the below information however here's some further news for you.

In simple terms, the site outage last week was caused by our hosting provider going offline due to an unexpected outage. Whilst things were coming back online, there were some issues on the back end systems that caused a bit of data loss. Unfortunately for us and a few members, this has resulted in the loss of multiple threads, posts and in extreme cases, complete User Accounts and at this stage it is very unlikely we will be able to retrieve the information. The lost records are very random and you will see that there are some posts still on the forum with no users associated and visa versa and whilst we are working on this, there may be a bit of a delay in getting it completely cleared up.

If you find that your account no longer exists please re-register and then log a support case in the support center so that we can track it and reinstate any lost details. If you have any questions or concerns that can't be communicated in the support center, please contact myself or one of the Moderators with the details and we will answer as soon as we can.

We sincerely apologize for any and all inconvenience this causes and we are endeavoring to get to all queries and issues posted by the community as soon as we can.

If I can offer any further information, please contact me and I'll do my best to assist.

Stuart

The log in issues I reported some time ago are still occurring. The pic below show shows what happened tonight when I logged in. Why I am I getting the invalid username or password message when it's clear I've just logged in? Sometimes I need to log in multiple times before I can access the site as registered user.

19332980308_310bbc34bf_z.jpg

It appears you can't update your profile location & other personal info (which was okay prior to the meltdown). You're able to enter the details & select 'save' but the details don't appear to actually save?

It appears you can't update your profile location & other personal info (which was okay prior to the meltdown). You're able to enter the details & select 'save' but the details don't appear to actually save?

I've just changed a few things (on my profile) and they seem to have stuck. Is anyone else having this issue ?

& while I'm havin' a whinge :p I noticed that some profiles don't have 'Regular Member' next to their avatar whereas others do?

I have tried to reset my profile location etc again to no avail.

Hi Chris, thanks for that information.

I am currently in the progress of getting a complete, up to date, backup of the site and corresponding databases and then will be doing some work to fix up a few of these issues like that. At this stage I can't give an ETA, but I'll make sure I keep you guys up to date with progress as it happens.

Stu

Just wondering if Chris is from the future?? Chris's join date state's Jan-70, is this January 2070? And if so, Chris is there any Albion bredli's in the future.

looks like we had another major issue again today. looking into it now all and sincere apologies again

Hi All,

Looks like there have been some major backend issues. We are working on it and apologize for any inconvenience. Please keep and eye on our facebook page if the site goes offline.

Stu

I can only see about half of the main page. Each section only shows about half of the main headings

Hi All,

After quite a bit of prelim work, it looks like we need to start doing some more indepth work on the site. Please be patient while we go about doing this.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back