Western Blue Tongue Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWA

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for feeding Western Blue Tongues.

At the moment mine wont look at anything other than mealworms, i think this must have been all he got at the dealers.

Tried grated carrot, chopped up peas and beans and broccoli so far.

Thanks

Mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine love chopped up strawberries and banana, insects and puppy meat.

- - - Updated - - -

okay cool thanks, i'll give some of the fruits a try.

do you mean the canned puppy food??

Thanks

Last edited:
Their dietary requirements and preferences vary somewhat depending on age. How old is it?
Most blueys can't resist garden snails, bananas and 'Whiskas' (Jellymeat variety).

Try mixing a small amount of its favorite food with the chopped veges and fruit and gradually reduce the amount added as its gets a taste for the greens. I had a couple of Shinglebacks that wouldn't touch greens or fruit except banana when I got them. Eventually they really enjoyed their weekly bowl of greens. I used to use small pieces of beef heart which most of my lizards loved and as it is low in fat a small quantity shouldn't do them any harm. It's also easy to add calcium and vitamin supplements at the same time.

Yeah he's actually gotten into the fruit and veg now.
His favorite is peas, so far he has eaten peas, broccoli, apple, strawberries, banana, carrot and meal-worms.
I've softened some of the prepared pellets with a little water and he is starting to eat them.

Just make sure you don't make them vegetarian...
Check ARF for more info... ;)

Yeah i know they're omnivores and he gets plenty of meal-worms.
Can i feed some lean beef mince or chicken, I'm not keen on feeding tinned dog or cat food, you never really know whats in it.
Should I cook meat or can it be fed raw.

Thank you for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back