Current Status of APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also always keen to hear of and consider any improvements or ideas for the site from the site members, so please get in touch if you want to share.

Stu it's refreshing to see APS administration with a positive/constructive attitude (read: non-arrogant) towards the members. Long overdue, well done.

Havnt been on AP for ages is there much of an active community still ? Noticed a few people that have rejoined... Hopefully backups can be done more often = P ( Just had a look around seem to have lost a huge amount of information pictures etc sucks all the time and effort put in to it all gone = (

Anyway good on you for taking the Forum on keeping it alive 8)

Last edited:
Thanks Marzzy.

Backups are being performed automatically as well as I am doing them manually every evening so here's hoping. The information loss was a big hit to APS and its something I am working hard on daily, particularly to get the picture side of things sorted as although we lost the threads and posts, the pictures were stored in a different format so they still exist.

The visits and member numbers are slowly increasing which is a positive sign and I am hoping that the trend continues. For my part, I have been taking the suggestions and advice on board from APS members and Mods and am slowly working on the requests which I hope will make a better browsing experience for all.

Since APS has been back online, I haven't seen any threads from APS featured on the http://thereptilereport.com/everything/

Maybe drop a line to TRR to tell them APS is still alive. I have noticed some old APS members have spread their wings by posting on some of the yank forums lately. (Yes Eipper, I saw you posting on bush league)

Just me as a private individual @RoryBreaker. I have taken over all the hosting, domain names, costs and such now and I have much the same thought pattern as you, large companies tend to ruin good forums like this. I would prefer the site stay online, despite its set backs over the past month or so and while its been a learning curve for me due to the sheer size of the site, hopefully I have got everything stabilized now and can start working on suggestions and improvements from the member base.

-Stuart

Just like to say thank you for taking over and keeping APS running. A really good forum in the invert hobby just shut down, no doubt to the hobbies primary online community migrating to Facebook. Hopefully all those conversation contributers who have left rejoin, I do quite enjoy reading the convosations and debates on here though I don't really particpate as much as I used to, nor am I as active as I used to be though I do wish to change that, I'm just about over Facebook, to many spammers and other BS.

-CN

I'm really happy that APS is back online as well, I was getting withdrawals! hehehe

The members on here have been really generous with suggestions and helpful info whenever I've asked for it, I've made a few friends, gained a snake or two and learned a stack of common sense in regards to reptiles, keep up the good work.

So will the snakes side of the forums be restored? So far only a handful of threads, I've come back to the herp scene after a 6-7 year break to find the forum has no information anywhere... Unless I'm looking I'm the wrong areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So will the snakes side of the forums be restored? So far only a handful of threads, I've come back to the herp scene after a 6-7 year break to find the forum has no information anywhere... Unless I'm looking I'm the wrong areas.

Hey buddy,

Unfortunately not. Certain parts of the database have been irrevocably lost prior to the server migration which means all that info is gone. The interesting thing is I still have all the attachments for those forums as they were stored differently but the thread content is gone.

Apologies for the hassle mate.
Stu

Hey buddy,

Unfortunately not. Certain parts of the database have been irrevocably lost prior to the server migration which means all that info is gone. The interesting thing is I still have all the attachments for those forums as they were stored differently but the thread content is gone.

Apologies for the hassle mate.
Stu

No hassle, was more or less relying on old information to avoid starting unnecessary frequently answered threads.

Had an issue today courtesy of a support agent not checking before acting something and I must apologise. The site is currently being restored from the backups and you should see avatars, attachments and the like return during today and tonight.

Stuart

Had an issue today courtesy of a support agent not checking before acting something and I must apologise. The site is currently being restored from the backups and you should see avatars, attachments and the like return during today and tonight.

Stuart

Still working on this and the file attachments are still uploading. I am still locating some of the missing files as we speak.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back