APS 2016 Calendar - the vote

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Who would like to see the APS Calendar competition brought back?

For those who are unsure what this was: APS used to run a competition every year where photo submissions were sent in and the best 12/13 were then chosen by the site members the be printed out in a calendar.

Yes, as long as it's well supported, as we'd want to at least break even.
I like the fact that it's also a photo competition.

Good point. At this I was hoping to get an idea of numbers as the more people interested, the cheaper the calendars will be if bought in bulk.

^+1

It would be awesome to have a calendar of reptiles but even better is the fact that you can see your reptiles and other people's and it feels like being in a friendly community :)

Would Love to see this happen!

Bredli

I would put my hand up for one, maybe two. Just to annoy the misses. I hope the winner can take pride in there work and skill and not have to put up with to much negativity like some people have done when this comp has been run before. Then again some people are just going to be sore looses.

Thanks leigh83, and good point. I would really prefer it to be a bit of fun and that those who don't make the calendar just enjoy it for what it is. The winners will be chosen by APS members from now on anyway.

So what I will do now is go out and look at the best places to get calendars done for a decent price (suggestions welcome) and setup a gallery for folks to start uploading images. Lets see how we go!

I think having the calendar back is a great idea. The only issue I see with the APS members having the final say is that in the past there have been great photos that have missed out due to lower quality photo getting higher votes due to the posters popularity (not the photos quality). Also, if the voting and gallery is structured like it was, I don't think there is much point in posting photos until the competition nears the end. Otherwise your photo end up being pushed to the back of the gallery and don't get seen as much.

Good point BrownHash, thanks. I'll have a think and chat to the Mods to get their thoughts on how best to work it however if you have any ideas, please feel free to share.

Stuart

Do you have examples of previous photos/what they looked like? How much are they? I'm definitely interested :)

Do you have examples of previous photos/what they looked like? How much are they? I'm definitely interested :)

I'll see what I can find in the archives for you TL and will post it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back