eating feeding problem for children's Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 38619

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

have a 2 year old children's Python she/ he had her/his last feed on the 17 June but has rejected every large mouse in the past 3 weeks. temperature is ok, she seems to be happy and is a bit on the move which to me seems like looking for food but won't take the mouse or just squeeze it but not eat it. time to get concerned?

thanks a lot

Steve

No concern needed.

During the colder months with shorter daylight hours they can often go off there food.
I know my Bredli did the same thing.
As long as everything else is fine, temp , water , etc.

Yes I have a stimpsons, 18 months or so, not eating as well as usual at the moment. Has always eaten and never refused a mouse but has a few times the past month. I was a bit worried too.

Are you feeding him outside his enclosure? Mine stopped eating for about a month when I did that. Then I threw are mouse in the enclosure, covered it up and walked away. He ate it when no one was around.

thanks a lot guys, feeding him inside the enclosure and yes water, temp is all as it should.

one more question his last sheed was a bit difficult some skin around the neck took a long time and a lot of me running him over a wet towel action. he still has some old skin on the underside of his head and on the site do I continue the warm water towel rubs or let him sort it out?

thanks a lot guys, feeding him inside the enclosure and yes water, temp is all as it should.

one more question his last sheed was a bit difficult some skin around the neck took a long time and a lot of me running him over a wet towel action. he still has some old skin on the underside of his head and on the site do I continue the warm water towel rubs or let him sort it out?
you can get a reptile spray, when your reptiles are having trouble shedding and there skin is dry. the spray just helps moisturize their skin :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back