2016 Calendar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
With the good feedback and support of multiple folks, I am pleased to announce that we will be bringing the Aussie Pythons & Snakes Calendar back for 2016.

I am reaching out to a few Vendors for quotes and samples of the calendar quality and will update this thread with details as they come to hand but if any APS Members have utilized a good supplier or even have a business themselves, please let me know via PM. The end goal is to provide you with a great calendar that is relevant to your interests at a decent price.

In order to get the best and most relevant pictures for the Calendar we will be hosting a photo competition where any members will be able to upload their own pictures to our Gallery - Click Here. We will discuss the competition setup and I will post another thread in the near future with all the details.

Thanks again for all your continued support.
Stuart

Just a quick update for those wondering. Calendars will be around $30 each including postage however bulk orders are cheaper and I am working towards getting it as cheaply as I can. The quality should be much the same as the last version (300 gsm Gloss Cover and 150 gsm gloss pages) featuring 13 photos chosen from the Calendar Competition

Do those who get there photo in the calendar get a discount? Sounds good mate cant wait!

Hi Stuart,
I sent in a photo. Please let me know if the quality is ok, otherwise can send you the original to an email.
Cheers, Dan

Do those who get there photo in the calendar get a discount? Sounds good mate cant wait!

Those who get their pictures in the Calendar will get a free Calendar mate.

Hi Stuart,
I sent in a photo. Please let me know if the quality is ok, otherwise can send you the original to an email.
Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Looks fine from here mate. I had a look and the system does alter the images by compressing them a bit (do to server settings) so I will likely be in touch with all the winners and ask them for an original sized photos so we get the best quality in the end.

BTW, wicked photo

Stu

Is there a preferred aspect ratio and resolution for photos submitted to the competition?

Is there a preferred aspect ratio and resolution for photos submitted to the competition?
For the upload to the gallery it isn't important as the software does compress the image however of course higher resolution photos will look better. The members with the winning photos will be contacted and asked to send in the original via email or otherwise so we can get the best quality for the calendar. 4:3 or 16:9 are the two preferred aspect ratios however we can make anything work.

Hope that helps clarify
Stu

Hi all, the calendar comp rules and details will be announced on Sep 1st in a separate thread. Apologies for the lack of information until now

Hi Stuart,
New to this, will you advise when the first batch of calendars have been sent out?
Ordered one and just wondering when it might arrive - present for a snake mad grand-daughter.
Sample looks brilliant.:D

Hi Grannie,

I haven't been advising but it looks like I should so apologies for that. In your instance, your calendar was sent the day after your order came in.

Received my Callander yesterday! Very happy with it and am proud to hang it up on my wall at home!

Yes ours came the other day
Can't wait to put it up

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday.... Thanks Stuart

Ill look mate. Could you PM me your name and where it was sent?

Apologies for the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back