Hatchling temperament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickdejong

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 6 month old bredli that I picked up 2-3 weeks ago after newly returning to owning reptiles, all things seem pretty normal from what I've understood in the past... except her temperament when attempting to handle her. She was skitz yesterday but she shed overnight so I can understand yesterday's episode. But how long after shedding would a hatchling still be flighty? I'm taking a guess it'll settle down in due time, but just wanted a second opinion.

More details if need, feeding perfectly, shed come off neatly overnight, temperatures are around 30-32 hot side and 28-29 cold side. Happily perches on furnishings and is pretty active at night.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sounds like a typical reaction from a very small animal, fearing for its life from another much bigger animal.
So in line with what you've written, yes all is normal.
With regular gentle handling, and you copping a few bites every time you handle it for the next 6-12 months, it'll eventually calm down around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back