Blue tongue Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardB

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I recently purchased my first young Eastern Blue tounge. I have been getting him out daily whilst checking him out today I noticed a little piece of bark in the corner of his eye. I removed it easily but now when I just checked him, his eye is half closed and watery. Apart from taking him to a vet (which im going to do tomorrow regardless) is there anything else I can do??
Thanks in Advance.

Probably best to leave it alone till you see a vet. The bark may have scratched the eye so some kind of ointment maybe required

Cheers for the reply mate.
Yeah I just let him be last night and he hasnt woken up yet today.
When he does he is off to the vet.
Do you know what substrate I can use from now on?
Wont be using repti-bark ever again.

I use a mixture of course Kritters Crumble and dried expanded peat coir as my bluetongue enclosures' bedding. Works nicely and my 2 love burrowing through it.

Sore eye - Activon (medical maluka honey mixed with saline HONEY:WATER = 1:4 applied using a sterile eye dropper , just a drop or two a few times a day , honey has antibacterial properties. Vet will like prescribe antibiotic / soothing eyedrops (can't remember the product name.)

Excellent advice from kingofnobbys^

For my blueys I have always used sugar cane much as substrate. just need to pick out the bigger heavier bits that haven't shredded properly.
It's super cheap at bunnings and comes in huge bags, great if you have a few enclosures and some gardening to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back