Jungle breeding age/size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurf

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone could let me know what age and or size jungle pythons usually get to sexual maturity.
My 2yo girl has been casing her tank and going crazy at the vents since its warmed up a bit, which matches the behaviour of a captive female looking for a man. I thought she wouldn't be ready for another year so any input would be rad.
Also, I don't believe it's food related as she is the same whether she ate 2 days or 2 weeks ago.
Cheers

I'd be getting 'her' re-probed first to make sure she's actually not a he. Usually it's the males that will search, none of my breeding females pace like that.

Thanks for your reply vixen. I was sold her as a female and would be pretty annoyed if she's not, I don't need any more male jungles. But yes it might be worth getting verified.
I have read about a number of females who do this though.

Our sexually mature females have been a bit restless lately too, maybe not as much as the males, but they have been roaming more than usual. They can probably smell the males, and vice versa.

Thanks for your input pinefamily.
She's in a room (different enclosures) with 2 slightly younger males, a Darwin and a MD.

Anyone got some feedback on age or sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back