Whats wrong with this snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation I have seen is that it has suffered some kind of trauma (like being clipped by a car) and is having seizures before death. This snake doesn't appear to have any visible injury though. Can snakes be... flicked clear so to speak, and only have internal damage?

The explanation I have seen is that it has suffered some kind of trauma (like being clipped by a car) and is having seizures before death. This snake doesn't appear to have any visible injury though. Can snakes be... flicked clear so to speak, and only have internal damage?
Yep, a lot of road kills don't look like they have been run over if you see them right after it happens. Doesn't have to be a clip either, even when cars run directly over them they can look unharmed. I've got an adder in a jar that was run over from the car in front of me, he lives on my desk and I still can't see an injury on him.

aww poor thing...thanks for answering my question though guys

As far as car victims go, because snakes are so flexible they can look unharmed after being hit, sometimes just a bit of blood from their mouth, a foggy eye etc.
I can see in that video a bull ant sized bug or spider running around the snake, maybe it was tagged by whatever that is?

On a number of occasions I have seen snakes act like that after being bitten by an ant. In one instance I restrained the snake and removed the ants as they were locked on tight. Once the ants were removed the snake acted normally..

It looked more like it was going through its death throes to me, especially given the angle the head ended up and those last few flicks of the tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back