Golden tailed gecko food size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit_fox

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all, just want to know if a fully grown golden tailed gecko is large enough to eat adult crickets. Reason for this is because I really want too get one, but I don't really want to be having to always feed it pinhead and small crickets as the crickets grow so fast and get to big before there all eaten.
thanks in advance

Hi y'all, just want to know if a fully grown golden tailed gecko is large enough to eat adult crickets. Reason for this is because I really want too get one, but I don't really want to be having to always feed it pinhead and small crickets as the crickets grow so fast and get to big before there all eaten.
thanks in advance

Use the space between their eyes as a guide. In saying that they will consume food items larger than that space, I wouldn't recommend doing it too often though.

Use the space between their eyes as a guide. In saying that they will consume food items larger than that space, I wouldn't recommend doing it too often though.

I know that it needs to be smaller than between their eyes, I just don't know how large that space is

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

I feed mine baby crickets and baby woodies, I prefer woodies the crickets are just annoying.
Also tried him on small silkworms, accidentally gave him one that was a lil too big but he managed cause of the soft body.
Im sorry thats all I can really offer...
Thought I'd link a video of mine hunting baby crickets, its not a good angle but it's something!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOzpwa6XPk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back