Went to Bunnings....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clayey sand I pulled from the depths (was core drilling about six metres down)... Packs down and holds shape quite nicely but I've had second thoughts since I put it in there, I think the clay component is a little too high. Which is a shame, because I'm about to pull a thousand cubic metres of it out of the ground....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of ripping it all out, try adding some more sand and mixing it in. Either sandpit sand, or builder's sand I think is ok too.

I loved looking at the build as you progressed. Looks like my garage lol. Nice job well done. I love the multi level hide and the tunnel.

@briansworms Thanks Brian,

Coming from a car forum I love seeing progressive "build" threads that are well documented, as it often sets things whirring inside heads and it's a great place to get ideas/alternative methods from.

Just nobody take advice from me, I have no damn idea what I'm doing! :p

Update:

Did an emergency substrate change after I smashed a light bulb while changing it, glass went everywhere. All I had available was a blend of sand, coco peat and topsoil that was meant to be the basis for a bio-active substrate I was going to trial for the beardies, so that went in.

One 20kg bag of play sand
Two expanded bricks of coco peat
1/3rd a 20kg bag of topsoil
With a smattering of leaves over the top
3e1689fd0ddd070ec59de05b08527e92.jpg

96113796af74fc5342df24511f5df75c.jpg

Decided to do Gorgeous George's side also, same mix:
74d7ff2d4581362c2ec9f2968209d22a.jpg

9c19e597261860335070e1389baf260a.jpg

9a559c5244b66f7f0b64517c8a201752.jpg

Got some left so I am going to throw it in with my Variegata also.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to find Jonesy foraging through the leaf litter in search of breakfast. Never seen him actively foraging before. Totally awesome to watch.

Wow mate that looks so natural that it makes me feel like going "Herping" in it, great job!!! :) ....................Ron

Great job.
Nice to see someone put in so much thought & effort into a build.
I'm quite jealous of your building skills too.

Hit me up next time you're planning a new build [MENTION=32852]Pauls_Pythons[/MENTION] and I'll see if I can help out!

Great job on the build and especially like the progress shots. I personally like using the solid pine panels since they do look so nice and make for a very durable enclosure :)

Seeing as you have sliding glass for your enclosure, we develop and sell our own sliding glass finger grips. They mean that you no longer have to smudge up the glass to open them and unlike permament ground in grooves these are actually comfortable to use and can be removed if required.

We sell the directly from website - http://virides.com.au/shop/sliding-glass-finger-grips

You can pay with your credit card securely through Paypal and you do not even need Paypal to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back