Maybe I can Change your Minds...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just can't accept, not to mention appreciate, other people's opinion because it's different to theirs.

OK, let's clear things up.

To those who have observantly spotted the title, the thread was made to cool people down from the original scrubbie thread. I now realise this was a futile attempt.
@Pauls_Pythons, this site has an "other animals" section. Did I not do the right thing by utilizing it?
@kingofnobbys, you seem to be quite stubborn. I understand and accept that people have different opinions to me, and I by no means expect, nor hope, the people take my word as gospel. This, after all, is a forum, made to, as said by others, express our opinions. I have done so, which is why I don't understand all those angered at me for doing so. If you don't like the thread, don't follow it. I also thought I cleared up the whole issue about cats killing my "critters".

I won't be posting another one of these threads, for what it's worth.
Kind regards,
Herpo

@Pauls_Pythons, this site has an "other animals" section. Did I not do the right thing by utilizing it?

I have my fingers crossed that this won't be an option for too much longer.
Please do what needs to be done Stu.

I'm more than happy to have a forum dedicated to "other animals". There have been some good discussions in there in the past.

If you don't like it, don't look at it. Plenty of other things to read on here.

Last edited:
Sorry man but you opened this can of worms.......your thread title suggests you wish to change the minds of non cat lovers.
This has gone where it was always going to go.

As I said in my earlier post I'm not a cat lover but the problem is not the cats but the owners.
Unfortunately this is the case with all types of animals, there are good & bad keepers, some people get a pet with all good intentions but then circumstances change. Others buy on the spur of the moment because the little kitten/puppy/hatchling looks oh so cute. They have no idea this living, breathing, feeling animal is going to grow to the size small room & god forbid they have to shovel some crap every day.
Reptile keepers will always feel slightly aggrieved as they are unable to keep exotics but cat's & dogs are allowed. Reptile keepers, certainly the ones that I know of keep their animals within the confines of the licensing regulations & if all the cat/dog owners did the same we wouldn't have the problem would we?
Unfortunately some people are not as ethical in their dealings with reptiles are they? We do have illegal exotics in Australia, we do have exotics released into the wild so there is also a problem with reptile keepers though the majority are doing the right thing.
Is it fair that you can own a cat but I was unable to bring my reptiles to Australia that I had owned for the best part of 20 years? Is it fair that a cat can be transported interstate without anyone even passing a 2nd glance? Try taking reptiles into WA from SA!
The rules stink and posting pics of cats on a reptile forum is only ever going to end up getting personal. You like cats , thats great. Take your pics & post them on a cat site. I'm on a reptile site to talk reptiles, not cats, dogs, birds or bloody pigs. If I want to talk, read or hear about how great cats are then I shall go to google and type CAT into the search engine.

Stuart, Can I suggest that as this is a reptile site that future posts on cats, dogs, pigs, horses or aunt annie are treated with the contempt they deserve & deleted. Time we got on with the one thing we all have in common, the thing that brings us all here. Aussie Pythons & Snakes as it says on the banner.

HEAR HEAR, I fully support this proposal,I joined many years ago to read (and contribute ) about REPTILES!!!
If you like other animals (yes I do ) do it on other forums

Wally, let me just say I don't really give a rats who posts what on the site. (Not my site). And just because a reptile herping thread has only 3 comments has no relevance.

If the OP chooses to post about his cats on a reptile site he should be prepared when he receives a few negative comments.
By comparison If I go onto a Ford forum & start posting how great my Holden is do I expect to be attacked? Of course.

I would guess however that the OP came to this site to learn from people with lots of experience in REPTILES. If he wanted to learn something about cats I think he might choose another forum.

I'll counter dragonlover1 and Pauls_Pythons posts by highlighting something.

Here is a recent thread related to reptiles with some fantastic pics of them in their natural habitat. I don't see many falling over themselves to reply to that. It's has three bloody replies!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/218156-More-Vic-Herping

Hi Wally, nice to hear from you again .I think this thread just goes to show the passion of reptile lovers,the other thread is only recent so it should generate a little bit of interest soon.

Wally, let me just say I don't really give a rats who posts what on the site. (Not my site). And just because a reptile herping thread has only 3 comments has no relevance.

If the OP chooses to post about his cats on a reptile site he should be prepared when he receives a few negative comments.
By comparison If I go onto a Ford forum & start posting how great my Holden is do I expect to be attacked? Of course.

I would guess however that the OP came to this site to learn from people with lots of experience in REPTILES. If he wanted to learn something about cats I think he might choose another forum.

Quite clearly you do care what's on the site. You openly asked for a particular forum to be removed by admin because you disagreed with it.

I think Herpo has realised that the topic of his thread is contentious, and I doubt he'll be in a hurry to make such a decision in the future.

Like I stated earlier, if something is not to your liking, personal choices are easy to make.

I can remember asking for a thread to be closed, (not removed from memory), but the specifics are a blur. (Do I have a stalker lol)
I can do what plenty of others have done & choose to not contribute or even leave the site, though I do think I can add some value & contribute when I think I can offer useful advice.

I'm certainly not a bigot as it would appear you are suggesting. In fact I would consider myself quite tolerant of others. The OP however was not able to take on the opinions of others, (That might fit the definition if you want to take a look).
Maybe I should try to start a discussion on my granddaughters pet rabbit at the next VHS meeting. Might go down well don't you think?

Quite clearly you do care what's on the site. You openly asked for a particular forum to be removed by admin because you disagreed with it.

I think Herpo has realised that the topic of his thread is contentious, and I doubt he'll be in a hurry to make such a decision in the future.

Like I stated earlier, if something is not to your liking, personal choices are easy to make.

IMO if you post a HOT BUTTON topic that is totally irrelevant to the main goal of the board ie - "how cute, sweet and angelic and gentle cats are" on a reptile board , well that's akin to posting a "pro-fundamentalist religious thread" on (say) an astronomy message board. Expect to have your views disagreed with and even ridiculed.

Was not a good idea. And the OP has copped some flak as have the views of those who are hard core cat worshippers from those of us who see all (free roaming) cat for what they really are : hardwired apex predators and killers and when they are allowed out , vermin.

Give us a spell kingo***obbys. You've more than made your point.

First rule of trying to teach something new to people who don't know is repeat, and repeat again, until it sinks in by osmosis. Some are very slow to learn, especially if they come with predetermined ideas and beliefs (which need to be changed).

Don't be an ignorant prat. It just encourages other tiny-minded individuals to continue to float about in the dream world they think is reality and ignore any sense that's thrown at them.

Some people need a swift kick up the ***.

Are you suggesting that I'm small minded and float about in a dream world?

@paulsPythons that is very selfish and honestly if everything was straight reptiles it would be so boring the site would clearly lose members.

When people ask me, why do I think people are a plague?

I say "stupidity"

When they want proof, I'll come to this thread.

Last edited:

Damn, can you guys not take no for an answer.

When I posted this, I knew I'd cop some flak, but I'd hoped those like knobby would stay on the other thread and crap on IT.

I wasn't looking for info on cats, rather sharing with those who appreciated them. Since you and knobby seem so keen on repetition, I'll do it to. If you don't like it, don't follow it.

I think we all need to take a step back and evaluate our situation. Really, it's pretty sad that a grown man (@kingofnobbys) waits for someone to agree with him before saying a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back