Cuteness overdose time - reptiles can be cute too

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Banned
Reaction score
First photos of our early Xmas present , took delivery today :)
1st diner time with us, diner at 8pm
2z8801t.gif

boy : only ate 2 small crickets , but really loved being handfed bits of buk choi green by my wife. He's a livewire , all he wants to climb all over the place and stayed awake until the lights turned off 9:30pm .
30kyclx.gif

girl : slammed 4 -5 small crickets , the wants out , put my hand near and she climbed straight on and made herself comfy, 5 minutes and she in the land of zzzz.
i2nlhi.gif

Daaaaaww! Are they pygmies or centrals?
Centrals , both siblings.

The girl is 13.9g , the boy is 11.0g, which are very good sizes for 5 week olds. (Rex and Puff when we brought them home at 6 week olds were 7g and 8g) I think Irene (the lady we got them from) has done a wonderful job raising them and definitely gave them a good start in life.

Already into the endive, grated carrot and buk choi.

Little boy was fed first this morning , 2 small crickets and then lost interest in the crickets and noticed Wriggles the water skink who was in her bed tub ( and on the coffee table waiting for her morning nurse ) was fascinated by her.
The little girl (think she already pigged out on the salad) showed no interest in the crickets this morning.

Last edited:
Cute little duo there.

Beardies are often rather underrated as simply a gateway or beginner reptile but they have so much character and very rewarding.

Whenever I eat outside mine join us at the table with a bowl of rocket to nibble on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They ARE really cute. Love the names of your lizards thoough (Wriggles, Rex, Puff). Puff reminds me of Puff the Magic Dragon Lol.

All our beardies and bluetongues and our water skink have individual personalities , are great characters , all love a snuggle , and IMO all of them are fabulous pets.

- - - Updated - - -

They ARE really cute. Love the names of your lizards thoough (Wriggles, Rex, Puff). Puff reminds me of Puff the Magic Dragon Lol.
Bluetongues are George and Mildred (and yes George was hen pecked by Mildred until we separated them at about 9 months old, we got them as 6 month old juveniles).

Last edited:
Yeah lizards have much more 'personality' than snakes. They move around a hell of a lot more which makes them more interesting to watch. They are daily feeders so when they're warm they are switched on and a great pet. Did you know that beardy's have venom glands?
Doesn't affect humans but they very rarely bite us anyway plus their venom is only weak.
Just watch that they don't get hungry enough to feed on each other, this girl my son took on had been a bit slow and his sibs ate his foot and tail, but she was a great pet had many eggs, and we enjoyed many moments flicking her roaches out in the sun on the pavers.

Attachments

• 25122007224.jpg
    25122007224.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 14032009215.jpg
    14032009215.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 160.jpg
    160.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 83
28krdbl.gif

Together while basking - very cute photo taken yesterday afternoon by my wife.

(Yes I know they aren't really holding hands or cuddling each other - but they look super-cute together in the photo anyway).

Separated the pair last week, now in separate 100L rearing tubs. Peppa was eating the lion's share of the crickets and veg and Toothless was not growing as fast as she was.
Now Toothless is outgrowing Peppa ! and he's a very much happier little beardie.

Both had their first shed with us in the last week.... forgot how comical and daggy the little hatchlings look when shedding, bit's of skin hanging off all over the place.... and madly scratching and rubbing on everything in site .....

Both have also doubled in weight as off this Saturday.

Love their grated carrot and cut up bok choy greens , and their new favourite insect is silkworms (each is polishing off 2-4 medium silkworms per day as well as their 6-8 medium crickets each).

So far so good.

Last edited:
Here is another dose of uber-cuteness to help you through your day

Latest photos of the babies.... growing fast and getting more and more curious and inquisitive.
Peppa at 3 months

f26icj.gif

s5blfa.gif

24bmd10.gif

Toothless at 3 months
sqr3tz.gif

2hz06d4.gif

wi7w9k.gif

33oimw6.gif

Some candid shots of the spikey kiddies ...

3149mhy.gif

Peppa on dad's tummy

2afbq6o.gif

Peppa "Yum ! silkworms and a side salad .... eh ....what's that flashy thing up there ?"

2m4wrq9.gif

Toothless " I'm so full ...."

Haha Peppa and Toothless, classic names!

Lol, she does look like a Peppa! I might have to get me a beardie of some sort one day ;)

Here's the latest snap Toothless our little mischievous boy, he's a bit of livewire, but finally very good most the time for me, and sometimes even for my wife (he wants to check out EVERYTHING !!) .
I think this picture taken by my wife while I was handsurfing him before his am cricket feed (he loves handsurfing and being able see new stuff !) captures that mischievous twinkle his eye and his personality shows through really well.
sdl08n.gif

Mmmm I like the yellow on these two, it's a shame ACT licensing doesn't allow Central beardies to be kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back