Next project: Conversion!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=42187]Murph_BTK[/MENTION] For boring the round vents: 28mm spade bit. Start one side, go 1/2 to 2/3 the way through, then finish it from the other side else it explodes through and probably make a mess of the other side. Spade bits have a pilot tip that'll penetrate the whole way through so you'll easily see where you're drilling.

[MENTION=42187]Murph_BTK[/MENTION] For boring the round vents: 28mm spade bit. Start one side, go 1/2 to 2/3 the way through, then finish it from the other side else it explodes through and probably make a mess of the other side. Spade bits have a pilot tip that'll penetrate the whole way through so you'll easily see where you're drilling.
Roger that mate! Thanks for letting me know. Picked up all the peices i needed at bunnings and i should put in a few hours over the easter break.

Double post, woops, but need advice. Smitti i have the vent peices i needed and bought 4 of them should i use 4 in a enclosure made from 19mm ply (glass frontage) the enclosure is 1200 x 500x500. For a GTP. i think 2 will be fine. Picture shows what they are, 27mm
6dbd80c5b97db38fa83ece80fe03af72.jpg

I'd use all four personally, you can always block two up internally in case they flow too much. Easier than finding with only two you have to add more later down the track...

Some pictures of the enclosure, finished, furnished (almost) and leased by tenant (RSP, Winston).

Before:

28fa42fd04968cfe168784cebdc9bc47.jpg

After:

fc25ff4fc2b047061936d921e1341185.jpg

a9a69d5c1b12308b98dc9bbc01e73cc2.jpg

312b35a3b02de9ae9a5aed8eae309245.jpg

f36d1ea85897c86fe5f8cdf7b286e11a.jpg

Will most likely be adding some vines (homemade) when we get around to making them and a second log hide will be installed tomorrow, at the top of the enclosure. Also need to find black wicker baskets for the bottom shelf.

Really pleased with the result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking good, where did you get your plants from? I haven't been able to find anything nice for ages, I really like the green vine. :D

Looking good, where did you get your plants from? I haven't been able to find anything nice for ages, I really like the green vine. :D

You'll have to ask [MENTION=32194]Smittiferous[/MENTION] where he purchased it from as I just recycled it from a bunch he had lying around! :p

[MENTION=34451]Snapped[/MENTION] I got it from my local pet shop, I can't remember the brand but most aquariums stock varieties of them. I'll try and find it again and let you know.

They do Murph, it's just theres so many to choose from, and what you think you're buying in the picture sometimes means you have to buy 10 of them to get the same look. It's so confusing on there lol

They do Murph, it's just theres so many to choose from, and what you think you're buying in the picture sometimes means you have to buy 10 of them to get the same look. It's so confusing on there lol

hahaha that is true mate.. this is why i am going live.. and will purne the trees, ferns and creepers..

I love this thread! It has motivated me to start my own conversion project. I scored this unit for free and im keen to get started, I will be having a go at making my own backround with this one too. This is my first enclosure build as the occupant will be my first snake lol.
unit.png

Some pictures of the enclosure, finished, furnished (almost) and leased by tenant (RSP, Winston).

Before:

28fa42fd04968cfe168784cebdc9bc47.jpg

After:

fc25ff4fc2b047061936d921e1341185.jpg

a9a69d5c1b12308b98dc9bbc01e73cc2.jpg

312b35a3b02de9ae9a5aed8eae309245.jpg

f36d1ea85897c86fe5f8cdf7b286e11a.jpg

Will most likely be adding some vines (homemade) when we get around to making them and a second log hide will be installed tomorrow, at the top of the enclosure. Also need to find black wicker baskets for the bottom shelf.

Really pleased with the result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty bloody brilliant, thank you for sharing!! Will save this for future reference for sure!

Q: Did you ever end up putting a lock on?

I like the idea of a custom. Have kids! Need to ensure they can't open it

Pretty bloody brilliant, thank you for sharing!! Will save this for future reference for sure!

Q: Did you ever end up putting a lock on?

I like the idea of a custom. Have kids! Need to ensure they can't open it
Yup, I think you can see it in one of the pictures. Just your bog standard enclosure lock. Most pet stores sell them fairly cheap. And thanks. He’s still in it and seems content. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back