Glass for DIY enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 19 pieces of glass left over from home made enclosures. They measure 465x855 polished edges 4mm thick toughened. I used them with cowdrey tracks. If anyone is interested I'll sell them cheap, located south east Melbourne

Being a site sponsor you get to post things like this, but please don't spread misinformation just to push your products.

We aren't in the business of being untruthful, what we said was based on what our customers have experienced along with our business partner experiencing on her own enclosure, which was one of the key driving forces behind the development of the product.

I am sorry if our comment came across with that kind of feel. It was purely to advise the OP that there are more things to consider surrounding the traditional methods of opening glass panels (remember that the ground in groove was made in response to original cabinet making, prior to the application of reptiles where stiff/stuck panels can occur which tend to these kinds of problems with the grooves).

I used to get finger grips ground into the glass, but on a couple of pieces they were ground so deep that my fingernails actually broke through the thin layer of glass remaining - that's definitely a reason to go with stick-on grips. Subsequently I've used small rectangular pieces of glass, edges ground, siliconed to the main sheet.

Jamie

This is another reason, new to us (but understandable considering how they are made), why stuck on grips are far superior. While Jamie has made his own grips, we simply have our range for those who are just after something that is ready for use.

Australian standards require glass doors to either be toughened or laminate glass and also have a motif. So not a simple option.

This is only for products manufactured for retail sale...

Whilst discussing it, anyone know of a place in Brisbane to get the same size panels?
Hi Richard, Im glazier in sth brisbane, send me a pm if you still needed glass, we throw out a fair bit and would take me 5 minutes to cut and arris a few panels for ya
Cheers

Hi Richard, Im glazier in sth brisbane, send me a pm if you still needed glass, we throw out a fair bit and would take me 5 minutes to cut and arris a few panels for ya
Cheers
Sounds like a sweet deal! Does that go for others . I am on the Sunshine coast and will be chasing a couple of peices approx 600mm x 500mm do you guys sell the sliding tracks too??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back