Bredli feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinifex

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I have one snake, a male Bredl, who is about 6 years old, 2 metres long, weighs about 2.5 kg, and I think, in pretty good condition. This is my first reptile and I have had this snake for two years. I breed rats to feed him and through this summer, have been feeding him one adult rat, or two sub-adult rats, every ten days or so. I feel I have gotten to know this snakes habits fairly well, and last Tuesday night I was fortunate enough to watch him slough his skin.
My question regarding feeding is, how much is too much, and what warning signs should I look for? I have had cause to ask myself, am I feeding him too often, or not enough variety (should a python live on rats alone?).
I am now a certified Herp convert, and hope to add to my collection in the future.

Sounds OK to me. You could cut it back a bit maybe to once a fortnight, but really it doesn't sound excessive compared to some of the stuff that we hear here.

Jamie

I give adult quails as well as rats to my bredli every 10-14 days now while the weathers warm .
He is about 1.3 M -not sure how old but definitely still growing. He is a bit snappy and I wonder if thats because he is always hungry.

Its interesting the different grow rates of Bredli's.
My girl is nearly 3m and hasnt had her 3rd birthday yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back