Which Blue Tongue?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakehendo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys and girls im thinking of getting a blue tongue and im just not sure which type to get. anyone know of the pro and cons of each type and if they have any different requirements, any help would be great thanks.:)

Imo it's really personal preference,have a look on google and youtube, there are some great videos on blue tongue localities and morphs.

Probably find they all have great personalities , are great pets , and affectionate . Every bluetongue has its own unique personality from what I've seen.

My only advice would be buy the bluetongue as YOUNG as possible (so long as it's into eating it's insects and greens and veg already), this gives you a chance to get an lizard who is not already loaded up on inappropriate foods who is likely to have develop health issues several months later.

Are you planning on keeping your bluey in an outdoor or indoor enclosure? If outdoor, I think it's really important that you get one suited to your climate/environment.
Otherwise, in my opinion it is just which you prefer to look at and your choice based on cost/availability. Probably Easterns and Blotchies are usual first blueys and fairly available to purchase. Some people say blotchies have a bit more attitude (in a good way) and perhaps robust, but mine is quite "sensitive" so you never know! lol
If I were you, I'd see what's available locally and that might narrow it down. But, again, they can live for 10-20 years or more so if you decide to commit to care for one get one that you like.
Keep us updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back