Invert care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BredliFreak

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering about keeping inverts, mainly spiders, scorps and anything but caterpillars lol

Particularly peacock jumping spiders, does anyone keep these? What would you feed them?

Any care advice or recommendations would be great

The aussie invert forum is down, so that's a bust.

Mantids are great animals to keep. Keep them in an aquarium around 3 times as long as they are and 3 times as tall as they are. Feed crickets, woodies, meal and superworms. Anything really. Before I had an interest in reptiles, I fed mine a dropped skink tail. They eat anything and everything. Because of this, do not house them together. Breeding is easy if you follow some simple rules, and males generally get the job done even if they get eaten. They make great display animals. I would recommend Giant Rainforest Mantids or the ones I kept, Large Brown Mantids.

Scorps are also great for a display animal. They are robust and can live 15-20 years. Feeding is generally easy, and always fascinating. They do benefit from heating and UV, however. I recommend Black Rock scorpions for docility.

Peacock jumping spiders are awesome, but often fail to molt well because of insufficent humidity, so I wouldn't recommend them for beginners. Fringed jumping spiders can serve as great gateway spiders to get you accustomed to things like that, and to prepare you for the peacocks.

Cheers,
Herpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back