Smitti started another one...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's coming along nicely mate was just the other day I was thinking how one would go about this exact same setup and you have nailed it. Top stuff, can't wait to see the end result

Me neither! But be careful, all these empty enclosures are the primary source of EES (Empty Enclosure Syndrome). You wallet won't recover! :lol:

Oh don't worry [MENTION=41642]Herpo[/MENTION] all these currently empty enclosures have occupants lined up already...

I am picking up two enclosures next weekend that I will be reconditioning, nothing lined up to go in those though....

... Or is there?

WOW, when you said watch this space i did not envisage anything as spectacular as that, i will be waiting with baited (or smelly) breath for the next lot of progress pics. 10++++ for this 1. :) ...................Ron

Test fit of platforms. Not sure I like the middle one, it's there to hide the glass brace but it looks too.... Enclosed. Thoughts? End platforms will be staying.
2238ec69abfaed2d1542e68db81f32ef.jpg

Middle brace replaced with something smaller, to that I'm going to fix a rocky outcrop or some such to hide it. Didn't want it there but I feel it is necessary to stop the front bowing in or out.

Platforms glued and tac-nailed down, roof panel glued and tac-nailed, front facade fixed in place. All that remains is the rear panel fixed in place and all the vent/water hose holes bored out, and that's the timber work done!
ca2c9c72863b7b4f871168e09c30e6d0.jpg

Anyone know how much weight aquarium glass can sustain? The four legs are designed to take the weight of the shroud, but I foresee alignment issues where they meet the surround they're sitting on. I'd like to simply lop them off if I can, and the shroud isn't very heavy.

That's one of my plans... The aquarium has cross-braces, so to hide them and brace the actual tower structure at the bottom I'll be using some marine ply that will be the same rough dimensions as the braces, with some faux rocks made from grout, to make some of the platforms. Also going to make some of those fake vines like in the DIY thread, one of them I'll entwine a low-wattage heat cord I have sitting around, to make a sort of heated night time warm-ish spot to rest on.

That sounds so cool! I would like to do similar in the enclosure I posted on my thread to you.
How would I make the sections that create ledges such as in this pic?

Then create the rocky aspect without adding too much weight. Polystyrene?

IMG_9336.PNG

@Aztec Wow I forgot about this thread. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show how the ledges are fixed.

For light fake rocks I'd use polystyrene with a thin layer of tile grout over it, hit with a paint brush or similar as it was drying to create some nice texture.

Still haven't actually finished this thing. So close to completion but so much to do.

@Aztec Wow I forgot about this thread. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show how the ledges are fixed.

For light fake rocks I'd use polystyrene with a thin layer of tile grout over it, hit with a paint brush or similar as it was drying to create some nice texture.

Still haven't actually finished this thing. So close to completion but so much to do.

How exciting! Thankyou ;-) I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back