Just havin a crack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need UV for any python. Generally it doesn't matter for pythons whether it's a heat light or mat but for antaresia generally people use heat mats

You don't need UV for any python. Generally it doesn't matter for pythons whether it's a heat light or mat but for antaresia generally people use heat mats

Thinking about getting a Stimson, have got a enclosure but it will need a bit of a tidy up first, it has a fluro light but no cover and I can't find one anywhere and also has the socket for a heat globe but it's not a very deep enclosure and I'm worried anything underneath it will get extremely hot

Will be getting a hatchling Stimson
stimson pythons are ground dwelling snakes.
so a heat mat is more suitable for their needs.
ground heating is the most efficient type of heating. if you enclosure is glass then their are plenty you can put on the bottom if it is wooden there are options out there like a heat cord under a tile etc.

even though stimson pythons are ground dwelling any light needs to have a cover/cage around it

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

stimson pythons are ground dwelling snakes.
so a heat mat is more suitable for their needs.
ground heating is the most efficient type of heating. if you enclosure is glass then their are plenty you can put on the bottom if it is wooden there are options out there like a heat cord under a tile etc.

even though stimson pythons are ground dwelling any light needs to have a cover/cage around it

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thank you [emoji216]

That set up is really clean and tidily constructed :)

To help keep your glass clean from smudges/hand prints we have Sliding Glass Finger Grips which are self-adhesive and won't just fall off - www.virides.com.au

We also have a large range of species (and counting) of Reptiles and Invertebrates for our customisable Name Plates product. It shows a map range (reptiles only) and has a QR code to link to further information about your species. You can optionally show your animal's name, gender, hatch/birth date, acquisition date, locale, genetics, etc. They come in 3 colour styles with large and small sizes available. If we don't show your species, you simply fill out a special order form at no extra cost. See at www.virides.com.au/name-plates

Last edited:
Awesome build, i'd totally buy one of those single enclosures off you! Please tell me you'd sell/make one? :p (NSW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back