Where has banter been?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread has gone the way of other controversial threads unfortunately. Rather than deleting whole threads, perhaps it might be better if they were locked when things got out of hand.
The court thing I heard about outside of this forum. Something to do with proof regarding species ID. ;)

That thread has gone the way of other controversial threads unfortunately. Rather than deleting whole threads, perhaps it might be better if they were locked when things got out of hand.

In the case of that particular thread I understand why it was removed from public view. I would've done the same thing if I was admin.

When jags were first smuggled...... cough...... splutter .... sorry...... I mean miraculously appeared in collections up and down the east coast, now there was a time of heated debate.

Most of them appeared in Adelaide actually ;)
Popped up as Reduced Pattern Morelia/Morph (RPM)

Having obtained some in the early years as well, I too copped a bit of flack, sorta still do.
But most of the time it's from people who have never kept them or just regurgitating mis-information that they've read online....
There is a great thread on a US forum about the Neuro issue in Jags and is pretty much the exact same mutation as the Spider Ball Python. The only real difference is that Jaguar keepers were open to discussion about the mutations issue where a lot of ball python keepers are tight lipped about it.

There was a faction of members that were here that liked nothing better than to start problems in controversial subjects, thankfully they are gone now and with Stuart's zero tolerance to that crap now in place i think we can now have spirited and educational debates without it becoming personal, I am not so deluded not to think there are going to be times when someone gets a bit flustered trying to get their point across on a particular subject, but i think the results are going to be a bit more adult in content, so why not have the subjects of cats and nuero revisited, i reckon the outcomes could be quite different now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

I still don't know why people got so stressed when I said that I had photocopied my juvinile snake to measure him.

I still don't know why people got so stressed when I said that I had photocopied my juvinile snake to measure him.

:lol: Comment of the year 11/10

I still don't know why people were so frightened about using my snakes skin for a project, he'll just grow them back right?

I have been away from herps for a couple of years and just come back to the Forums, It appears that a hell of a lot has changed since I used to frequent here and a hell of a lot more has disappeared.

There was a faction of members that were here that liked nothing better than to start problems in controversial subjects, thankfully they are gone now and with Stuart's zero tolerance to that crap now in place i think we can now have spirited and educational debates without it becoming personal, I am not so deluded not to think there are going to be times when someone gets a bit flustered trying to get their point across on a particular subject, but i think the results are going to be a bit more adult in content, so why not have the subjects of cats and nuero revisited, i reckon the outcomes could be quite different now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

My cat has neuro.
There I started the topic for you, Ron. ;) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
My cat has neuro.
There I started the topic for you, Ron. ;) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm, that "IS" an interesting problem PF, does it manifest itself whilst exhibiting excitement when it brings a bird in for you or is it more pronounced while stalking native animals, maybe someone who has a cat that wanders unchecked in the night might be able to offer better advice than me, most of my limited contact with cats where i live is when i have to get out the 9 iron to convince the cat next door to go home. I hope you get some constructive information regarding your neuro cat or maybe someone with a neuro dog might advise whether the symptoms are similar. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

In reality Ron, I'm like you. While I don't play golf (putt putt is my limit), I do have to chase cats out of our front yard occasionally. That is the limit of my feline contact.

I only know of one stray cat in the neighbourhood, and I've never seen outside of two of my neighbours houses (that I am aware of anyways) I just get annoying possums instead. I don't play golf but I have some soccer boots or tennis rackets that might substitute :twisted: jk

To our QLD members, does anyone here play cane toad golf?

I only know of one stray cat in the neighbourhood, and I've never seen outside of two of my neighbours houses (that I am aware of anyways) I just get annoying possums instead. I don't play golf but I have some soccer boots or tennis rackets that might substitute :twisted: jk

To our QLD members, does anyone here play cane toad golf?
Too answer that last question YEP!! not worried of the backlash... almost 40mtrs on some shots

Nothing wrong with banter, each to their own however instigating it at the detriment of others is just petty IMO.

Either way, a debate is always healthy.

Game of Thrones is not a good TV show...

Nothing wrong with banter, each to their own however instigating it at the detriment of others is just petty IMO.

Either way, a debate is always healthy.

Game of Thrones is not a good TV show...
Now them's fighting words, Stuart. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back