Red or yellow ackie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh75

Reaction score
Hi

im posting a picture that is not mine. I have worked with plenty of ackies to figure out the difference, this animal does not look like a red to me, however I can't seem to get these people to understand it ls not a red ackie and they are asking way to much money for yellows and I don't want to see animals misrepresented.

Opinions please

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 149
Looking at our three sandfire yellows behind me as I type, I would say it is more of a red than a yellow. Just my opinion, based on our own ackies. We do own a red one as well.

It's definitely a "yellow" or what most people refer to as a "yellow". Judging by that pale stripe down its back I would say it would have some origins to the eastern part of its range.
[MENTION=38465]pinefamily[/MENTION]. When you refer your ones as sandfire yellows do you mean they are the yellow form of ackie from the Sandfire locality? If so they are "reds" or what most people refer to as "reds". Sandfire the locality is located in Western Australia and the "yellows" are more NT and QLD animals. The central part of WA is unknown which so called form they are. To confuse a lot of people you can get red yellows and yellow reds.

[MENTION=9873]Bushfire[/MENTION], yes that's what they were sold to us as. Having seen pictures of the same since, I think that's what they are. That is very interesting what you say about red yellows and yellow reds. I did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back