Tarantula has blocked its hole

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammilouise

Reaction score
My new Phlogius crassipes has blocked his hole. He did this the first night I got him (now day three). Don't know if he's pre moult. I can see his leg against the wall so he's at the very back of his tunnel. I wanted to feed him and I was going to move him into a bigger enclosure but I guess I'll just wait until he unblocks his whole.
Calling it a 'he' but I don't know.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 248
Looks like pre moult to me, Waiting for it to unblock itself before feeding or re housing is certainly a good idea.

Yeah let him alone. Any other pictures of him? I love spiders, i even feed my local redbacks and orb spiders around my place

Just the pictures from his/her advertisement.. only had it one night before it blocked up its hole.

$_20[2].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case he's done it to warm up his hole (I'm in VIC), I've covered the ventilation to make his tank more humid

Hi all
So he's been in his hole for eight days and literally hasn't moved cos I can see a leg against the wall. Now I've found a fang. If he hasn't been out in a week is it normal for him to shed a fang a week before moult??

Stressing

IMG_0289.jpg

All is good. He has moulted and it was his moult I could see against the glass - which hadn't moved in two weeks. So he must have moulted hours after getting him. He now has a dead cricket near his hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back