• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Amazing enclosure and 11yo Coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox.n.Lix

Reaction score
Species Common Name
Coastal Carpet -Brisbane locale (?)

Length
8 feet

Quantity Available

Bred By
Unknown

General Description
MAKE AN OFFER *Could deliver on May 22 if not too far* Will consider selling snake/enclosure separately.

It is with great regret I’m selling my 11 year old coastal carpet python, Lix, and his custom made, Angkor Wat inspired enclosure.

The snake:
Lix and I have been together 7 years, since I rescued him from a very poorly kept home where he was ill treated and covered in mites. He was about 4 years old at the time and approximately 6 feet long. He is now a happy, healthy, robust boy of 8 feet who feeds regularly through the summer months on rabbits of between 500-600g. I have calendars of feeding and sloughing regimes for the past few years.

He last saw Shane Simpson (The Reptile Doctor) in December 2014, where Shane said he was one of the healthiest looking specimens he’s seen in a while! Shane also confirmed his sex by ultrasound - it’s a boy!

I know coastals are not the rarest of finds, but this fella really is a divine creature. He is shy, curious, and very easy to handle. He has never bitten me, or anyone else, in the 7 years I have had him. Every sceptical friend I have introduced him to has walked away saying “I never thought I would ever call a snake ‘cute’!”

I can introduce you to my rabbit supplier who only charges $10 per rabbit, and will deliver to your door! In his old age, he really only feeds between November and May (if that!), providing he is exposed to natural overnight temps.

The enclosure:
Constructed from an old office cabinet (165H x 85W x 45D), the structural handiwork is my own. The electrical work has been done by Shane Brodie of ‘Anything Reptiles’. I had a new thermostat and wiring for the heat lamp put in in December 2014. He uses fully heat proof cabling, and double mounts the lamp socket for extra protection. I currently run the heat and light off a standard wall socket timer.

The artistic fit out has been done by my sister. Working as a professional prop artist at the time, she was home from New Zealand where she had been working on ‘The Hobbit’. I gave her a picture of Angkor Wat, and said “make it look like this”. She did not fail to deliver! You can see her work here: maudiebrady.com and she recently won the first Tom Bass Sculpture prize in Australia for her portrait of actor Geoffrey Rush.

The enclosure has 4 different levels for Lix to select his comfort zone, temperature wise. He uses all 4 of these throughout the day. His hide has been constructed to match the rest of the enclosure in design.

In the underside of the cabinet, there is a nice log branch. I keep his water bucket down here, and it’s perfect to be able to chuck a rabbit in the bottom door without fear of getting snapped at!

This is a regretful sale but circumstances conspire to make this the most sensible option for me right now. I’m about to go overseas for a few months and when I return, I am downsizing into an apartment.

You are also welcome to the handling hook, and the BBQ tongs I use for feeding.

Please contact me with any questions. IMG_1028.jpgIMG_1029.jpgCIMG3329.jpgCIMG3318.jpgIMG_1029.jpg

Willing to Freight?
No

Contact Details

License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers)
13746199B

Other Details
See my albums for more photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back