Behaviour change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty8687

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a stimsom python. My first addition :)

For the first 2 months he was going really well, ate all the time and would frequently tour around

Now, he hasnt eaten in 13 days and has not moved at all from his hide. Exact same position for the last 5 days.

Temperature gradients are fine throughout the enclosure. Doesnt look like he is beginning to shed, i dont think.

Is this normal? Or is something amiss?

Sounds like it's going to shed. Otherwise it's a Stimson's, so you can expect it to go without food for 3-6 months of the year.

Jamie

Sounds like it's going to shed. Otherwise it's a Stimson's, so you can expect it to go without food for 3-6 months of the year.

Jamie
Jamie hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't be worried, either way, 13 days is nothing. If you notice more changes though, it might be worth asking again.

As soon as mine hit the age of 3 and winter comes around she will only eat maybe twice but hardly looses any condition through the few moths as not very active, so I have learnt not to panic now as she is rising 6 and very well rounded :)

thanks everyone. i thought i would give an update.

literally 30 minutes after i posted this i started to watch him shed. so amazing watching them shed.

tonight she took her feed :)

so false alarms :) :)

Lol, I used to poke mine to check it was alive after a week of no apparent movements.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When my Stimmy was 2 he would eat 2 mice. Now hes 3 only wants one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

typical stimson behaviour. when i first got mine i used to be nervous now im just used to it

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back