Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eipper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to risk of disease etc I very rarely have people over and are even less likely allow people into our herp room. However you cannot get bugs from photos so.....

20160229_065726.jpg

image.jpg

20160229_065726.jpg

20160229_065528.jpg

Wow, Waterrat, that looks amazing on its own without the reptiles. What species do you have in there? I'm guessing something tropical like a Green Tree Python?

I've heard about your GTP setups, and have seen them on Crittacam but boy oh boy they are so goddamn impressive!

20160229_065629.jpg20160229_065642.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

around 30 k total - up keep is fairly easy. Everything is basically fridge panel, aluminium, acrylic- so easy to clean and will last

20160229_065629.jpg

20160229_065642.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgTank I have built for Red, not amazing but I am proud of it. Splits into three parts (hood, glass and wooden box) for easy transport. Has an infa-red light, a normal light and a ceramic for night.

8caa9bcd752f5a3c9d1a73b9367ad345.jpg

This is my first real enclosure build. It's nothing special but I sanded the entire thing back and re stained the outside, did three coats of black pond sealant inside for waterproofing and ease of cleanup.

Winston my RSP will eventually need something bigger but he seems happy enough for now and has a couple of favourite spots he likes to hang out in.

I also plan to find long hanging vines to run all along the back and side walls to make it more natural looking.

I've also created a glass terrarium for Pinch the Pink tongue but I won't post pictures of that until it has some greenery in it.

They have nothing on the other enclosures posted though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=17341]Stompsy[/MENTION], What do you mean nothing special ??? as far as i am concerned your enclosure is every bit as good as Scott's and Michael's because you built it yourself, every bit of sweat and lost skin that you put into it made an enclosure for your Roughy that shows your love and respect for that snake, i doubt i could build 1 as good as yours mate. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

[MENTION=17341]Stompsy[/MENTION], What do you mean nothing special ??? as far as i am concerned your enclosure is every bit as good as Scott's and Michael's because you built it yourself, every bit of sweat and lost skin that you put into it made an enclosure for your Roughy that shows your love and respect for that snake, i doubt i could build 1 as good as yours mate. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Nawww! That's very sweet of you to say and don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of it but like everything, it could always be better/improved on.

Thank you. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, you may want to reconsider the orientation of your cages, there is this thing called gravity - your snakes may fall down or side ways. Either is not good for their health, vertigo is a
dangerous experience. LOL

d0ba55aed678bc1b52a6757f1f4426ad.jpg

Pinch's enclosure, refurnished. He seems happier and is out and about more often, loves his hammock and is actually eating a decent amount of food. This has made me even more aware of the importance of hidey holes everywhere in an enclosure to make it feel more natural for the animal.

I've also insulated the sides and back with foam.

d6b02c0463a98d8a4e207ac3c44e35ce.jpg

Also, here he is devouring a snail. :)

This is my old setup.... I no longer have the time to maintain a lot of snakes anymore. Just have a couple of snakes left to keep me entertained :)

IMG_0678.jpgIMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Well, well,,,

Those are hard to compete with. I have a small but finished room in the cellar here and quite enjoy my R & R down here when I can get some solo time.

These are some of my cages. I don't have many "room" shots.

I always provide some moonlight time before blackout at night.

Its usually the best time to see activity.

DSC01281.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back