New Pygmy Not Very Hungry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Poe

Reaction score
I have just got my first Pygmy Bearded Dragon and am completely new to reptiles as pets. Henri is settling in and did his first healthy looking poo today. He seems pretty happy but is not eating much at all. The most he has had is 6 crickets and for the past couple of days only 3-4 crickets. I have tried hand feeding him, I am putting the crickets in the fridge to slow them down, I have putting him near his basking lamp to warm him up before I feed him and have left a couple of crickets in his enclosure for him to catch in his own time. I have tried adding a smaller container inside his enclosure and putting a couple of crickets in that so they can't hide and it is easier. He looks and appears curious but doesn't try to eat them even when they are right next to him and sitting still. Should I be concerned? Does anyone have any ideas how to entice him to eat or should I back off and let him dictate how much he eats? BTW Henri is around 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back