Bluet toungue breeding questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsReptiles

Reaction score
my blueys just bred i was just wondering the succsess rate of breeding with eastern bts? Will they definetly have babies or maybe whats they percentage chance? also can blueys have phantom pregnancies?

They breed like rabbits. More often than not, an Eastern female will become gravid after even one "session".

Things which can affect the % rate of success:

The age/size of the female, body condition and how it was cycled for breeding.

As for phantom pregnancies , I've had small and skinny females have small litters. I've had heavily mated, well seasoned mothers in very good body condition not produce a thing.

I found the easiest way to keep track on matings was to house blueys singularly and only pair them for the brief act of mating. A keen male who knows what needs to be done will have the deed over in 10mins. Females need to play their part too, if they aren't in season they may go the biff or just will keep running whenever the male comes near. Watch their body language , you'll learn the patterns of what to look for.

Here's a vid of some Northerns getting cranked in my blue tongue rape dungeon. Easterns are much the same.

[video=youtube;hTxW_eCnf7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTxW_eCnf7w[/video]

And another vid, the forum won't let me me embed 2 youtube clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3ykl8-pug

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:
thanks mate, yeah they are kept seperate and they had one session, now if i try to do it again he dosent show interest. they are both healthy adults, female maybe 3 or 4 years old male is older, and they are quite fat, they just woke up from brumation and then bred

If the male is coming up for a slough that can put the brakes on things. Most of my males wouldn't throw the leg over when opaque.

Once in the new skin, he'll be raring to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back