Beardy trying to escape

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malbone

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All - Does anyone know why my bearded is trying to escape - he's jumping and trying to dig through the glass - is there anything I can do............thanks mal

If he's a year or more old, then it's normal behaviour, if a little early. Mating behaviour.

thanks for the help - he would be about a year old now - his name is killer as he killed the female and was I advised to only ever keep him on his own - I really wanted a pair but it's way too risky...............

You never keep beardies together, as you have unfortunately discovered. A breeding pair should only be introduced at mating time, and then separated again.

wow - I'm blowen away - thanks for that info - it's not any of the fact sheets I've ever read and I recon it should be first as it's hell serious and I wouldn't ever think that could happen as they seem so placed...............thanks again...............mal

See if you can get hold of a book to read, buy, borrow, whatever. A Guide to Australian Dragons in Captivity, by Danny Brown. Best thing for information about beardies (and other dragons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back